Thursday, January 27, 2011

Things I Love About Zambia

-Lots of mangos... for free (I have eaten as many as 7 in one day)
-Avocado season
-Fresh fruits and vegetables for a good price (and buying them is a good way to support the locals)
-Good curry
-Cheap filet mignon at a nearby restaurant
-Slower pace of life
-Beautiful foliage during the rainy season
-Cheap DVD's (My friend bought almost all of the seasons of 24 for about 10 USD, I believe.)
-Friendly people
-The camaraderie of missions. I have good friends here with the same purpose.
-Lots of prayer support! Teachers in the US have the same job, but don't have the missionary title to make it normal to send prayer requests to large numbers of friends.
-A wonderful family to serve alongside with. And the three year old quotes Nacho Libre.
-Endless opportunities for ministry and growth

No comments:

Post a Comment